Saturday, April 2, 2011

Sweet Stuff

I had a pretty darn good day today. I ate a delicious crepe, hung out with some friends, and made some new friends. And those are just the highlights. :) I went to downtown Plymouth tonight after work with my friend Jordan. We went to this place called The Coffee Bean where they have live music on the weekends. The Coffee Bean has this cool little station where they make crepes with whatever you want in them...I got nutella, strawberries, and banana in mine and it was delicious! I don't even really like banana, but the girl making it sliced it up really thin and it was soooo good with the nutella and the strawberries. AND she put powdered sugar and whipped cream on top. It was excellent. :) We sat and enjoyed the music for a while, then left for a bonfire at my friend Hannah's boyfriend's house. That was a lot of fun...my first bonfire of spring/summer. We roasted some delicious marshmallows and had a good time just hanging out and talking. I ended up talking to a few people from Hannah's church, so that was nice. I usually just come to the college group meetings and not really talk to anyone...but then later wish I would have been bold enough to introduce myself and talk to people. I talked to a couple people tonight though, so that was sweet. :)

My dad came to visit me at work today, and that was definitely the highlight of my shift. I really love when my dad comes to visit me. He always has a huge smile on his face...and I see him from far away because of how tall he is. I just look up and see him smiling at me and it totally makes my day. Thankfully I had a break while my dad was in the store, so I went and found him and just walked around with him while he shopped. I gave him a hug before I went back to work, and it was both an "I love you" hug and an "I'm so proud to be your daughter" hug. There's something about hugging my dad in front of all the Costco members and my coworkers that says "This is my dad and I'm still his princess." And I love that. Thanks dad for making my day!

No comments:

Post a Comment