Sunday, April 3, 2011

Dinner and Dessert?

Awkward moment of the weekend:
At Costco yesterday I was working as a cashier assistant (putting people's things back into their cart), and a man came through the line with a box of frozen pizzas and a big bag of M&Ms. So I said, "Hmm...dinner and dessert?" And he replied, "...that sounds good." Please note that this man was around 50 years old. I was clearly making an observation about his purchases...not asking him out! Oh man...I was pretty embarrassed. :/

Other than that I had a pretty good weekend. I got to see some friends, sell a couple of my textbooks, and get some good hours in at work. I finally got an email from the GAP program director, and she said I'll be finding out more about where I'm going soon. She actually kind of told me where I'm going, but I am waiting on a phone interview from the director of that area to find out if I'm a good fit for the community there. I'll keep you all posted and let you know as soon as I find out.

That's all for now...just a short one tonight. I hope you're all doing well. Please let me know if there's anything I can be praying for any of you about.

Lord, thank You for such a nice weekend. Thanks for the time with friends and family. I pray that You would bless this week. Help me to be a light to those around me, and place people that need to know You in my path. I need Your boldness and love, Lord. Make me more like You. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment