Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Good Things

My interview went very well today, I think. It was more of a conversation on Skype with the GAP program director in Dublin, Ireland. Yes, that's where I'm most likely going to be spending my GAP year. :) He just asked me some questions about my application, and I asked him some questions about the program. He's supposed to email me again sometime this weekend to see if I have any more questions, and then I'm going to talk with one of the women on staff there and ask her some questions. It's all starting to unfold! :)

Today was a pretty good day, but it didn't go exactly as I planned. I didn't end up having lunch with my dad this afternoon because my brother Jake was in a car accident and my dad was with him in the hospital. Jake's okay, and they're getting everything straightened out with the medical bills and such. It was kind of a scary thing for our family though, so please keep us in your prayers.

I'm getting excited for so many good things...Friday is the UCO Finale, and since it's my senior year I get to be honored (basically people write nice things about all the seniors and someone puts it together in a book), and I get to share a little bit about how I've been encouraged through UCO. Plus I was asked to play guitar for the worship part of the evening! It's going to be a great night, I'm sure. Then Saturday is graduation. After commencement my parents are taking me and Jennifer out for dinner, so that'll be nice. I think I'm going to see my friend/sister Ashley after that as well, so I'm looking forward to that. Next Wednesday I'll be performing with Lina at the open mic night at the Blue Tractor restaurant in Ann Arbor, so I'm definitely looking forward to that. We always have a lot of fun doing it, and it's been a while since we've gone. The first time we performed at the Blue Tractor, I wanted to come up with something other than "Lina and Rachel" to write down on the sign up sheet for open mic. After coming up with quite a few cheesy "band" names, Lina suggested that we keep our picks (guitar picks) in our pockets and call ourselves the Pick Pockets. :) Pretty clever, right? So look out, Blue Tractor...here comes the Pick Pockets! You all are welcome to come to the Blue Tractor on Tuesday night to eat, listen to some good music, and support us!

Thank You Lord for another great day. You continue to provide me with everything that I need, and I am truly grateful. Keep me focused on You this week, and help me to honor You in all that I say (and sing!), think, and do. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment