Sunday, April 24, 2011

His Resurrection

What a nice Easter celebration I had. My dad made his "famous" Swedish pancakes (like crepes) for breakfast this morning, and my mom (*ahem* the Easter Bunny) hid our Easter baskets. I felt like a little kid searching for mine, so that was fun. :) We had my mom's side of the family over for dinner, so it was really nice to see everyone. I think one of the highlights of the meal was the edible (jelly bean) napkin holders. Nice job, mom! :)

I'd like to share something that my pastor said at the Easter Vigil last night. It's something that I'd like to keep in mind this week as we continue to celebrate Easter. He said that Jesus is continuously knocking on the door of our hearts, asking us to let Him in. No matter how many times we've let Him in in the past, He keeps asking if we want more. Letting Him in just once is not enough, I've learned. We need to respond to every knock on the door of our hearts. He wants to keep giving us more of Him. More of His grace, love, joy, peace, strength, mercy, and every other blessing He has to offer. I recognize that I need more of all of those things...I can never have enough.

What a special day this is in the church. Christ has conquered death and sin. He has risen from the dead! He has done this because of His limitless love for me. For you. For all of His children. Let's not forget the wonderful miracle of His resurrection! Praise Him! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment