Thursday, April 21, 2011

A Big Strong Arm

I went to bed a little stressed out last night. My mind was just racing and I couldn't relax and go to sleep. I was thinking about quite a few things...but today was the main focus. My mom is planning a graduation party for me in May, and she wanted to mail out the invitations as soon as possible. I designed them on my computer this week, but I guess I didn't realize there was a rush to mail them out. My mom wanted me to get them printed and have them mailed by either today or tomorrow. And this weekend my schedule is super crazy because of the way my work shifts merge with the Easter Triduum masses. To make a long story short, I got up an hour early this morning and went to Kinkos to print the invitations and they turned out beautifully. :) The man that worked with me was very helpful and knowledgeable. Yeah, he was just doing his job, but he was much more "in the know" than the guy I tried to work with last night at Kinkos. So I printed the invitations, found envelopes, stuffed all the invites into the envelopes, and then dropped them off at my mom's work...plus I made it to work at about 11:23 (7 minutes early!). Praise God for perfect timing. He really blessed me with a productive morning and I am so thankful for that. Needless to say, I was much less stressed out today than I was last night. :)

Work went pretty darn well today. I think the sunshine had a good effect on everyone...my coworkers, my supervisors & managers, AND the Costco members. Praise God for THAT! :) Also, when I walked in to work I noticed that there was a part time position available in our Hearing Aid Center. Even though it would only be for the summer (since I leave at the end of August), I'm pretty sure I'm going to put in for the position. Not only did I take an Audiology class as part of my undergrad at Eastern, but speech pathology and hearing (audiology) go hand-in-hand. I think it'll look good on my future resume if I work in a hearing aid center. I would really appreciate it if you could all pray that everything with that goes well.

We had our UCO Good Friday Vigil tonight, and it was greater than I had anticipated. I guess I don't really know what I was expecting, but not this. There was a pretty great turnout, and I really felt the Lord's presence. Because I am part of the UCO Worship Team, a partner (Angela) and I had to come up with a meditation for the group. We picked "The Messiah will be beaten, mocked, and spat upon" from the Messianic Prophecies and talked about how this is kind of opposite the way we typically view Jesus. We worship Him. We don't think about the way people spat on Him. We praise His name, not think about how people mocked Him. And we embrace Him. We don't think about the fact that He was beaten. Jesus suffered so much for us and truly was an example of what it means to endure all trials and just place everything in the hands of the Father. The other members of the Worship Team came up with other meditations based on some of the other Messianic Prophecies and they were all so awesome. It was great to have the little choir singing after every meditation, too. We have such talented singers in UCO! Good job to everyone who sang! Thank you for using your talents to serve God and us in UCO. :) The night ended with praise and worship on the diag in Ann Arbor, and we had two random students join us, which was pretty awesome.

I'm so happy that God is my deliverer and my strength. He carries me out of a crazy world and a racing mind and just lets me rest in His presence. He puts His big strong arm around me and lets me lay my head on His shoulder. Then He tells me, "Just rest your pretty little head, my daughter. Everything will be just fine." And that--is true bliss.

Lord, help me to know that You really are the source of all peace and rest. Keep reminding me every day that I can live stress-free and worry-free if I just abandon this life and aim for Your plan. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment