Thursday, April 7, 2011

Invisible Love

I am inspired tonight by the lovely words of Miss JJ Heller. She is one of my absolute favorite female artists. I love her voice, and her lyrics are just really awesome. Her song "Invisible Love" struck my heart in a special way tonight. It's really about letting our faith be our eyes. Even though we can't see God, we have to trust that He's there. We have to imagine His presence, His voice, and everything else about Him. But when we have a strong relationship with Him and talk to Him all the time, those things are a bit easier to imagine. Talking to Him on a regular basis creates a special bond and we are able to learn more about Him and who He is. In her song "Invisible Love", JJ Heller speaks of being able to feel the Lord's arms and know His whisper. Read what she says about this invisible love we have with God (a few of my favorite parts are bolded):

"If my arms could reach around you
I would never move
If my eyes could see you
I’d have no faith to prove

The wonder of invisible love

This is how it has to be
With you and me
The wonder of invisible love

When I fall I feel your arms
Before I reach the ground
Lord, I know your whisper
Though I’ve never heard the sound

The wonder of invisible love

This is how it has to be
With you and me
The wonder of invisible love

Someday there will be no time to mind
I will be your long awaited bride
We will dance away the night
"

Mmm...I just love that. I hope you find this song as encouraging as I do. I think it just makes our relationship with God all the more beautiful. That last line "I will be your long awaited bride; We will dance away the night" makes me think of the song "Dance With Me". I think I might have posted about it in the past, but it's basically about being captivated by God and letting Him sweep us up off our feet and dance with us. Just thinking about that brings joy to my heart and a smile to my face. What a wonderful God we have that He wants to dance with us. Each and every one of us! :)

I hope you all are having a good week. I pray that the Lord is keeping you peaceful during this end-of-semester craziness.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for posting this Rach =] I needed this. I like that song, a lot =]

    Goodnight, and God bless.

    ReplyDelete