Saturday, April 9, 2011

Determination

I went and saw the movie Soul Surfer tonight, which is the true story of Bethany Hamilton, the surfer that lost her arm in a shark attack. Despite a few cheesy lines and not-so-wonderful acting by Carrie Underwood (sorry Carrie, but just stick to singing!), the movie was decent. I was amazed by how much faith Bethany had in God, even after she lost her arm. At one point she asked the question, "How can this be God's plan for my life?" But she had such strong will and determination. Almost immediately after she got home from the hospital, she wanted to get back out in the water and surf. Because surfing was her dream, she just kept reminding herself that she can do all things through Christ who strengthens her (Philippians 4:13). She also had an amazingly supportive group of family and friends that believed in her and helped her accomplish her dream. http://bethanyhamilton.com/about/bio/ < go there to read more of Bethany's story. She's quite an inspiration!

Life has been going well these days...I'm starting to feel apathetic about my schoolwork though. I graduate a week from today, and that day cannot come any sooner. I have a few exams left, and I just don't feel like studying for them. I just have to hang on for a few more days...come Lord, give me motivation and drive to finish this semester strong!

I hope you all are doing well. Please feel free to let me know if there's any way I can be praying for any of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment