Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Great Friends

I had a pretty spectacular day today, mostly due to the fact that God has blessed me with some pretty spectacular friends. My good friend Jennifer spent the night last night, and as she always does before she leaves, she made my bed this morning. Not only did she make my bed, but she folded my EMU blanket perfectly on the bottom of the comforter so the EMU part was showing (and centered). So perfect. :) Now, having someone make my bed may seem like a small thing. And really, it is. But when I never have my bed made, it's a special treat to see those covers all nice and flat on the bed and my pillows looking all fluffy. It's just one of those simple things that Jennifer does that makes me really happy. So thanks, Jennifer.

Another friend that I have really grown to appreciate is Amanda. Amanda was one of my roommates on campus last year, but we didn't really talk a whole lot (for being roommates, anyway). Since we're both in the speech-language pathology program here at Eastern, though, we've had some classes together. This semester we had a class on Wednesday mornings at 10:00. My apartment complex is sort of behind where Amanda lives, so I walk by her building on the way to class. At some point in the semester, I started calling Amanda when I got to her building so we could walk to class together. I'd call her at about 9:40 and say, "Good morning, sunshine!" And she'd always say, "Hi Rachie! I'll be right down." Sometimes she asked what the weather was like, and I liked reporting it to her like a weatherman. :) Anyway, I've enjoyed our little chats on the way to class each week. It's given me a chance to get to know her a little better, talk to her about what's been going on in my life, and of course, hear about her wedding plans for this August. :)

Today at about 5:00 I was getting ready to leave for my biology lecture. It rained all day today and was still raining when I was ready to leave, so I wasn't exactly thrilled about walking to class. I found and borrowed Lina's umbrella, though, so it wasn't looking too bad. I got about 10 steps out the door of my apartment building when I saw Lina's car pulling into the parking lot. She rolled down the window and asked if I'd like a ride to class. Of course I did! What perfect timing she had. :) Thanks, Lina!

After biology, I turned around to ask one of my friends in class for a ride home, and she (after saying she'd drive me) said, "I have something for you!" It turns out she had made me copies of her pictures of the dissected pig for our exam tomorrow. I had seen her taking pictures of the pigs in class and thought, "That's a good idea." She mentioned something about sending me the pictures, but I assumed she had forgotten and I didn't want to be a pain and remind her. Having her give them to me after class tonight was so nice! I'm not exactly sure how that works...I mean, "Think and you shall receive?"...yeah, not really. I think she's just a wonderful friend and gift from God. Thanks, Melissa!

I got to see more great friends tonight at Hannah's church in Plymouth. Although I haven't been too bold in getting to know people, I have met several brothers and sisters that really make me feel welcome there. Thanks, Solid Rock Bible Church. :)

Lord, I thank You so much for the gift of friendship. Thank You for placing people in my life that love me and that I can share my love with. I pray that You would strengthen the friendships I have and help me to form new ones through You. Amen.

1 comment:

  1. You're more than welcome .. I like making your bed, it's the least that I can do. Sorry, I forgot to put "my" pillow back in the bag in the bathroom closet.. I remembered when I got home... and I figured I left it on the floor.. =/

    God bless you Rach, and have a good night, sweet dreams. Love you .

    ReplyDelete