Tuesday, April 12, 2011

So Faithful

Praise the Lord! Not only did my little talk go well at UCO tonight, but I felt so much more "on fire" for God than I did yesterday. I think part of my spiritual warfare yesterday was due to someone telling me that it was going to be too hard to be able to raise enough money to go on my GAP year. This discouraged me, even though I know in my heart it isn't true. The Lord confirmed that by placing Philippians 4:19 on my heart, which says "I will provide everything you need in accord with His glorious riches in Christ Jesus." I like that passage for two reasons: 1) It says "I will provide EVERYTHING YOU NEED", and 2) It uses the word "riches". After I received that word from the Lord, I was pretty uplifted. Then the Lord continued to do good things tonight at the prayer meeting. Before the meeting, a bunch of us prayed in the basement of the chapel, and I really experienced a lot of peace and joy through that prayer time. That really made me more enthusiastic about giving my testimony, so I'm really thankful for that. When I went upstairs after that to check my phone, there was a message from my friend's dad saying that he and his wife would like to support me financially for my GAP year. I didn't even ask them for money! I hadn't gotten a chance to share with them about the trip either...they only knew what my friend had told them. :) Praise God for providing so quickly and with such great timing! So then I shared with everyone at UCO about how and why the Lord called me to do a GAP year, and what my hopes and fears were for the year. Although I was super nervous, I felt the Holy Spirit working through me and giving me words and energy to speak. After the meeting, someone came up to me and told me that he really felt like my talk was applicable to his life and he thanked me for sharing. So that was pretty encouraging to hear. :) As if that wasn't enough, someone ELSE came up to me after the meeting and told me she wanted to give me some money that she had been tithing for a while. Praise God! Seriously. Talk about providing everything I need...and so quickly! It was pretty ironic that all of this happened tonight because this morning I was talking to my roommate Lina about how I had been experiencing some spiritual warfare last night. I told her that the devil was probably trying to bring me down because God was about to do something awesome. And did He ever! I can't wait to see how He works for the rest of this summer when I do more fundraising.

I have my Skype interview tomorrow afternoon at 2:30 with the GAP director in *the country that I am now 99.9% sure I'm going to*, so your prayers are deeply appreciated. I will be sure to let you all know any details as I find them out.

Lord, thank You so much for being so faithful! You are truly my strength and my light. I praise You for providing me with such wonderful support for my GAP year, and I look forward to the rest of Your blessings. Keep my eyes and my mind fixed on You as I go about the rest of this week, and help me to share Your love with everyone I come into contact with. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment