Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Defend Us in Battle

Tonight was a lot of fun. A group of our friends got together at the Blue Tractor to come watch Lina and me perform at Open Mic night, and I was happily overwhelmed by how many showed up. It was nice to eat with everyone and to just hang out and have a good time. Patti and Ralph, who are pretty much our second parents here in Ypsi, came out too! And Patti brought some of her amazing cookies with her. Bless her heart. :)

Tomorrow starts the Easter Triduum masses (Holy Thursday, Good Friday, and the Easter Vigil) at Christ the King, and I'm very much looking forward to them. It's always a really great time in the church and I love spending it with my family. I look forward to learning more about the Lord's passion and about how much He loves me. And then I really love celebrating His resurrection. Can't wait!

I pray tonight that God would give me peace as I head into this weekend. Usually around awesome times like these is when I experience a lot of spiritual warfare. The devil starts deceiving my heart and mind and giving me a negative attitude and a lot of apathy toward my prayer times. I pray that with God's strength I will be able to fight off any ways that the devil tries to steal my joy. Come Holy Spirit, come with Your fire! Allow my mind to focus only on You and on nothing else. Remove any distractions from my heart and my mind that may be taking my attention away from You. With that, I pray for St. Michael's intercession.

"St. Michael, the archangel, defend us in battle.
Be our protection against the wickedness and snares of the devil.
May God rebuke him, we humbly pray.
And do Thou, O Prince of the heavenly host, by the power of God,
cast into hell Satan and all the evil spirits who prowl about the world
seeking the ruin of souls. Amen."

No comments:

Post a Comment