Sunday, April 17, 2011

Music, Pineapple, and Good Hugs

I'm feeling a lot more positive today. I went to mass this morning with Jennifer, and then headed off to work shortly after. It was extremely busy at Costco today, so the workday just flew by. Praise God for that! :) When I got home I spent some quality time with Lina. We mostly practiced our songs for our performance at Open Mic Night at the Blue Tractor this Wednesday (see the Facebook event for details!), so that was a lot of fun. I won't reveal what songs we're playing yet, but you can trust that we have a pretty sweet lineup. :) After a while of practicing, we made the BEST daiquiris we've ever made. They were strawberry, mango, pineapple daiquiris with whipped cream, sprinkles, and a Nerds jelly bean (soo good!) on top. Needless to say, they were delicious and we couldn't taste the alcohol at all. :)


Before I go any further, I deem it necessary to inform you all that fresh whole pineapples are on sale at Meijer for just $1.97! That's the cheapest you will probably ever find them. They're usually $3.99 at Meijer and $2.79 at Costco (I know my fresh pineapple prices...). So go get one! And if you don't know how to cut up a whole pineapple, have no fear: the cored whole pineapples are on sale too for just $1.97! And they taste like candy. We used them in our daiquiris tonight and we're positive that was the key ingredient. Anyway, Meijer should probably pay me to advertise for them in my blog...sheesh!

The Lord blessed me with joy and happiness today, and I am very thankful for that. One other thing that really made my night was running into my friend Meredith as she was leaving my apartment and I was coming in from work. We exchanged our usual obnoxiously-loud "Merrrrre!" and "Raaaacccchhhhh!" and then gave eachother a wonderful hug. I'm convinced that Meredith is one of the few people that really know how to give a good hug. You know the kind that squoosh you but not suffocate you? Where both arms are involved (NOT a wimpy side hug)? Where some swaying back and forth usually occurs? Yep. That's the kind of hugs Meredith gives. And boy oh boy are they great. So thanks Mere for being great. :)

Lord, thank You for giving me joy and peace today. Thank You for the time I was able to spend with Lina, and thank You for the gift of friendship in my life. You truly do give us everything we need to be complete.

No comments:

Post a Comment