Thursday, March 24, 2011

My Most Handsome Prince

Lina and I had dinner at Patti's house tonight, and it was wonderful. If you aren't a usual reader of my blog, Patti is basically a second mother to me. She has been cooking delicious dinners for Lina and me for the past four years. :) Anyway, we had dinner tonight with her and her husband and topped it all off with some guitar playing and singing. Lina and I like to sing for our supper. :) We played a couple of our "classics", and then played a combination of "Dance With Me" by Paul Wilbur and "He Loves Us" by John Mark McMillan. They are both really beautiful songs and the choruses are pretty darn similar. We weaved them together pretty nicely and sang them for Patti and Ralph tonight. We had a wonderful conversation afterwards too. I'll let you in on that a little bit...

One of my favorite parts of "Dance With Me" is the part that says, "With You I will go. You are my love, You are my fair one." It reminds me of the last part of that prayer I posted the other day by A.W. Tozer (see http://beauty-all-around-me.blogspot.com/2011/03/give-me-grace.html). I just love it and I really feel like that's what God is putting on my heart lately. He wants me to just let go of everything and rest in Him. He wants to take me away from everything that only temporarily satisfies and give me what will satisfy my heart and soul forever. What do I say to that? "Anytime, Lord. Anytime." I also love "Dance With Me" because of the image I get when I hear the song:
Closing my eyes, I picture being in a large, beautiful ballroom. I picture Jesus, my most handsome prince, approaching me, extending His hand, and asking, "May I have this dance?" I happily agree, take His hand, and begin to dance with Him. He is the best, most graceful man I have ever danced with. He sweeps me off my feet and spins me around on the dance floor. He keeps in perfect time to the music, and He never steps on my feet. He twirls me around and around and I never get dizzy. I simply smile and my heart is filled with joy.

I hope you can imagine what that might be like. Because Jesus wants to do the same for you. He wants to dance with you too! Will you let Him? Guys reading this...I know you may not be able to picture being swept off your feet and twirled around on a dance floor, but just imagine being totally captivated by the One who loves you more than you could ever imagine. Imagine being in total bliss as you gaze into the eyes of the One who has the most beautiful plan for your life. You with me now?

As for "He Loves Us"...well, that's a beautiful song as well. I'm struck quite a bit by the first line "He is jealous for me." God really is jealous for us. Each and every one of us. Even the dirtiest, most sinful of us. He is jealous for us, especially for our time. I am convicted by this when I think about all the time I spend on Facebook...all the time I spend doing things that just do not glorify God. He wants all of me! Not just part of me. Not just 5 minutes before I go to bed. He wants to be involved in everything I do. Everything I speak. Everything I think. Everywhere I go. Whoa. Now THAT'S jealousy. But it's a good kind of jealousy...because think about who it is that we're talking about. It's God! The One who made us! The One who has a plan for our lives! The One who forgives us no matter what we do. The One knows all, sees all, and can do all. I don't know about you, but I certainly want to start letting such a significant person have a little bit more of my time each day.

Lord, help me to prioritize my time in a way that honors You. "Give me the grace to rise up and follow You." I ask that you be in my thoughts, my words, and my deeds. Give purpose to everything that I do, and convict me when I go astray. Amen.

1 comment:

  1. Very inspiring! I want to hear you and Lina sing it too!! I am your first mother :)

    ReplyDelete